Top Off-Beaten Trek in the Himalayas, Best for You!
If you are an adventure seeker then Nepal is the perfect holiday destination for you. The thousands of towering mountains and the route leads to a wonderful destination that is worth your time.
So here I have attached detail of the keyword top best off-beaten trek in the Himalayas Nepal.
Annapurna Circuit Trek
Annapurna Circuit Trek is one of the popular classic walks to the Himalayas and one of the best treks in the Himalayas- the famous off-beaten path. Experience the natural and cultural diversity of Nepal, the trek follows the route of Marshyangdi valley and the deepest gorge of the world i.e. Kali Gandaki goes to the high snow-capped pass of the world. Thorong La Pass.
The journey starts with a beautiful drive from Kathmandu to Chame. From Chame the trail climb to Pisang passing through Dharapani. The walk follows the Marshyangdi river valley to Manang and climbs to Throng La Pass via Yak Khalkha.
Thorong La Pass is the highest pass of Annapurna Circuit Trek which offer panoramic views of Mountains and glacier. The walk also takes through the Muktinath- a holy place for Hindus and Buddhists and the trek ends with a walk back to Pokhara.
- The Highest Pass in the world- is Thorong La Pass.
- Variety of natural vegetation and landscape.
- Pisang and Manang Valley.
- Muktinath- a popular holy place in the region
- Jaw-dropping views of snow-capped mountains including Annapurna Ranges (Mt. Annapurna I, Annapurna South), Mt. Himchuli, Mt Machhapuchhre, and other surrounding peaks.
- Traditional lifestyle and cultures.
Manaslu Circuit Trek
Manaslu Circuit Trek is a less explored trek and famous off-beaten path compared to the rest of the trekking trails in Nepal. Still, the region is very beautiful and untouched by modernization. The region is very adventurous in the Himalayas Nepal for trekkers and nature lovers.
The journey takes you around the world’s eighth highest peak i.e Mt Manaslu. Manaslu Circuit Trek attract many trekkers and nature lover because of its unspoiled natural beauty and wilderness. Walking through the off-beaten route, charming villages, lush forests, hills, rivers, and stunning snow-capped mountains scenery.
Touched by the Tibetan border, the trek gives a unique culture and lifestyle experience for both Hindus and Buddhist people. Manaslu Circuit Trek is one of the classic treks that take you to the highest snow-capped mountain. The trail gest a less number of trekkers due to this reason the region still maintains its natural beauty.
- Trek to Manaslu- the eighth highest mountain in the world.
- Manaslu Conservation Area is enriched with natural vegetation.
- Cross Larkya La- vantage point to enjoy the panoramic views.
- Breathtaking views of Mt Manaslu, Lamjung Himal, Mt Annapurna II, and other surrounding Peak.
Everest View Trek
The Everest View Trekking is the best off-beaten trekking package to witness the wilderness, walk to the world-famous mountains and surrounding snow-capped ranges, walking along with the splendid Sherpa Community in the hills and mountains scattered around the Namche Bazar, Phakding, Lukla, Mongla Danda, and Tengboche.
The beautiful Everest View Trekking starts with the scenic flight from Kathmandu to Lukla. The actual walk starts from small Sherpa (Lukla) leading to Phakding and then Namche Bazaar crossing the magnificent rivers by the suspension bridge. The rest and acclimatization take place in Namche Bazaar once you reached there.
There are many options once you reached Namche bazaar either hike towards Everest View Hotel or Khumjung Village or hike around the hills of Namche Bazaar. Leaving Namche Bazaar we head towards Mongla Danda to enjoy the panoramic views of the snow-capped mountains. Then the trek takes you to the spiritual village of the Khumbu region-Tengboche. Everest and other surrounding peaks are seen very clearly. Once we witnessed and capture the jaw-dropping views we return following the same route.
- Scenic Flight to Lukla
- Namche Bazaar- the famous Sherpa Capital
- Khumjung village- One of the biggest Sherpa villages in the Khumbu region
- Tengboche Monatsreis- the oldest Buddhist monastreis of the Khumbu region
- Breath-taking views of the world's highest peak-Mt Everest and other surrounding iconic peaks.
Kanchenjunga Base Camp Trek
Kanchenjunga Base Camp Trek challenging and one of the best treks in the Himalayas- the famous off-beaten path around the Third highest mountain in the world. This trek is only suitable for only those who want to walk off-beaten paths and through the challenging nature landscapes. For the most of time, Kanchenjunga has been a mysterious region due to a lack of good accessibility.
The isolated trials take you through the remote Nepali and Tibetan villages and some scattered settlements along the way. Some of the trails are unreached so there are high chances that you may lose if you try to walk solo without any professional guide by your side. Experienced trekkers who want to encounter the unreached and off-beat track should do this trek. The close views of Mt Kanchenjunga along with the surrounding Tibetan and Nepali Himalayan ranges include the Kabru range, Mera Peak, and other snow-capped peaks.
- Unreached path to the world's third-highest mountains- Mt Kanchenjunga
- Unspoiled Kanchenjunga Conservation Area- rich vegetation and home of rare flora and fauna.
- Soaring Himalayan range including Mera Peak, Januu Himal, Rathong, and many other surrounding peaks.
Upper Mustang Trek
Upper Mustang is the ancient Kingdom of the mustang region and the trek to this region offers eye-catching Tibetan Buddhist culture and religion. Upper Mustang Trek is also included in the list of off-beaten trekking paths in Himalayas Nepal. Up to 1992, Upper Mustang Trek was restricted from foreigners entering and exploring. Over the year, it has been restricted to protect its landscapes, unique traditions, and culture of the Tibetan and Buddhists. Even now we can see no changes in the livelihood, aged-old monasteries as it is.
The walk begins through the Pokhara towards the Kali Gandaki valley leading to the ancient kingdom of Lo village in the Mustang. We will also cross the famous Jomsom and Kagbeni during the walk. The entire experience in the Upper mustang is surreal. Following the rain shadow area of Annapurna and Dhaulagiri, Upper Mustang offers the chance to explore the area even in the monsoon season of Nepal. Only a few trekkers visit the region as there is less crowd and a peaceful environment.
- The hidden ancient kingdom of an upper mustang- Lo Manthang
- Muktinath temple- the famous holy place of the region.
- Aged-old monasteries and mysterious hidden caves.
Upper Dolpa Trek
Upper Dolpa Trek is one of the remote and isolated treks in the Himalayan area of Nepal, rarely visited by an outsider. The walk leads to the journey covering the hilly Himalayan ranges of Nepal. Upper Dolpa Trek, is a magnificent trek that offers amazing views of the mountains including the beautiful Dhaulagiri range.
Trekking into the Dolpa region leads you to the off-beaten trek encountering the isolated villages, interesting places, local culture and religions, and scenic forest of pines, oaks, and rhododendron of the region. It has also Nepal’s largest National park and Conservation area –Phoksundo National Park- home of rare wildlife including Mush deer, Himalayan blue sheep, and snow leopard. Fascinating Mountain Vistas, Buddhist Gompas, and the unique culture of the people is the major attraction.
- Best off-beaten trek in Nepal.
- Walking through the wilderness, and natural vegetation, experiencing the rare flora and fauna.
- Jungen La Pass- the challenging pass of the trek.
- Isolated villages with unspoiled Tibetan and Buddhist culture and religion.
Rara Lake Trek
Rara Lake Trek is a beautiful trek that takes you to the biggest freshwater lake in the Himalayas Nepal-Rara Lake. The trail to the Rara lake is also popular for its barely reached path through the wilderness and cultural encounters. This wilderness trek provides stunning views of Rara lake and Rara National Park which is well known for its untouched and well-preserved natural beauty.
Rara lake is one of the biggest freshwater lakes in Himalayas Nepal, lies at an altitude of 2980m surrounded by dense pine and juniper forests and snow-capped mountains. Moreover, Rara National Park is popular for rare animals like red panda, musk, deer, and other wide variety of birds. Begins with the scenic flight to Jumla, going along the mountain path and some scattered villages to reach the bank of Rara lake, the journey is truly worthy to visit.
- Trek to the Rara Lake (the biggest freshwater lake in the Himalayas Nepal).
- Picturesque valleys and isolated villages
- Rare Himalayan wildlife and birds include the Himalayan black bear, red panda, Himalayan Thar, Leopard, and many more.
- Exciting outdoor activities like a boat or horse riding.
Nar Phu Valley Trek
Nar Phu Valley Trek is the shortest off-beaten trek in Nepal which falls between the Annapurna and Manaslu Trekking region. The trek is just recently introduced so it is likely to witness a very small number of trekkers around the year. This remote trek takes you to the wilderness of two beautiful villages of Nar and Phu.
The isolated Nar and Phu village is one of the hidden Buddhist settlements in the northwestern region of Nepal. Walking to the rural villages along with the dirt roads is a unique experience of the journey. The best reason to trek Nar Phu Valley is to experience the remote village lifestyles and Tibetan Buddhist culture in a very short period. You can see some small and scattered settlements in the barren land beyond a few recently built tea houses.
- Isolated Nar and Phu villages with other hidden Buddhist settlements.
- Buddhist prayer flags, Chortens, and monasteries are on the way.
- Less crowded and hidden gems of the country.
Tsum Valley Trek
Tsum Valley is also listed in the off-beaten trek and the hidden valley of the Manaslu region. Tsum valley was restricted or tourism until 2008, after that it was open as a trekking trail preserving its rich culture and tradition. The Tsum Valley Trek combines the two challenging trekking routes in the most beautiful part of the Himalayas. The long trek includes more than two weeks of waking and offers panoramic mountain views, high passes, remote villages, monasteries, and Chortens.
The Trek begins with the gradual walk by the Budhi Gandaki River leading to the Tsum Valley, where we can explore the popular Mu Gompa and Rachen Gompa monasteries. Walking to Sama gau where we will have a rest and acclimatization day to be prepared to cross the challenging Larkya la pass. Larkya La Pass is a famous vantage point to enjoy the panoramic views of Himalayan peaks, and glaciers.
- One of the off-beaten and less crowded treks done in the Northern Part of Nepal.
- Walk to the hidden valley of the Manaslu region- Manaslu Tsum Valley Trek.
- Beautiful experience of warm hospitality, cultural program.
- Very safe for the hikers in terms of altitude sickness.
- Walk through the scattered villages of the Kumal, Gurung, and Magar Village through the dense forest of sal covered by blooms of rhododendrons.
Nepal has many popular trekking trails which yet to gain popularity due to their remoteness and restricted status. The above-mentioned off-beaten paths in Nepal certainly offer the best experience of wildness, isolated villages, unspoiled natural vegetation, and less trodden trails. The aforementioned trail is perfect for those who want to enjoy the adventurous and challenging journey with a unique local experience.
As most of these remote trails are less trekked so you need to get your trek organized by a trekking agency. You can also reach out to our team of experts who have decades of experience in trekking remote and restricted areas. We can offer you the best advice and service for a lifetime memorable journey.
If you want to know more about trekking in Nepal then please reach us: at [email protected]