Embassy of Nepal issues tourist, diplomatic and official visa according to the Immigration rules and regulation of Nepal. The applicant must fill in the information requested in the application form. It is the right of the Government of Nepal to grant or not to grant a visa to any foreigner.
Requirements for Tourist Visa:
- Duly filled in Visa Application Form (download form)
- Valid Passport (at least for six months)
- One recent photograph (2X2)
- A money order payable to the Embassy of Nepal. (Two or more applicant can send single money order multiple of visa fee. Personal checks, cash and credit cards are not acceptable.)
- A prepaid return envelope with tracking number and sufficient postage to return passport/s. (if you are sending documents by couriers/post)
Note: Applicants are required to send a prepaid return envelope with tracking number to return back passport/s. The embassy is not responsible for any undelivered passport/s because of the insufficient postage, a weak envelope to bear up the load and other incidents occurred during handling of the documents by couriers/post.
Visa application can be submitted in person from 10 am to 12:30 pm in the Embassy on weekdays except for public holidays.
- $25.00 for 15days (multiple entries)
- US $ 40.00 for 30 days ( multiple entries
- US $ 100.00 for 90 days (multiple entries)
For more details visit here: Tourist Visa
Click here: APPLICATION FOR TOURIST VISA
- Visa once issued cannot be withdrawn and visa fee cannot be refunded. It must be used within six months from the date of issue.
- It takes five business days to issue visa after the application is received by the Embassy.
- The Consulate General of Nepal in New York also issues tourist visas. Applicants are requested to contact the consulate in the following address;
Consulate General of Nepal
820 Second Avenue, Suite 17 B
New York, NY 10017.
Tel:(212) 370 3988/89 Fax: (212) 953 2038
(If you are applying at the Consulate, the money order should be made payable to “Permanent Mission of Nepal, New York”.)
Those applying from Chicago can contact the Honorary Consulate of Nepal in Chicago in the following address;
Honorary Consulate of Nepal
10 N Dearborn Street, Seventh Floor
Chicago, Illinois 6062
Phone 312 263 1250
Fax 312 263 3480
Tourist visa may also be obtained at any of the following entry points:
- Tribhuvan International Airport, Kathmandu,
- Immigration Offices along Nepal-India border I.Kakarbhitta, Jhapa, II. Birganj, Parsa III.Balahia Bhairahawa, IV.Jamunaha, Nepalgunj, V.Mohana, Dhangadi, VI.Gaddachauki, Mahendranagar.
- Immigration Office along Nepal- China border I. Kodari, Sindhupalchok
- Immigration Office, Pokhara (not the entry point).
- Tourists carrying more than 2,000.00 US dollar or equivalent foreign currency are requested to declare in the Customs Declaration Form at the time of arrival in Nepal. Those returning from Nepal with undeclared money exceeding the US $ 2,000.00 or equivalent foreign currency may be interrogated for further legal actions in accordance with the Foreign Exchange Regulation Act of Nepal.
- Tourists traveling by car should possess a valid Passage de Carnet
- Official and Diplomatic Visa:
A diplomatic note from the Department of State is required along with other documents mentioned in 1a, b, c, and e(in case the application is sent by courier/ post)
Visa on Travel Document:
- If you are holding reentry permit travel document, you have to follow the requirements mentioned in No. 1 above. Embassy may ask for additional documents if required.
- If you are not holding reentry permit travel document, you have to submit a sponsor letter in addition to the requirements in No. 1 above. Applicants are required to contact the Embassy soon after the sponsor letter is submitted to the Embassy.
For more information about Nepalese visa, please visit the website www.nepalimmigration.gov.np of the Department of Immigration, Nepal