Annapurna Base Camp Trek in September Monsoon ends as the month of the September and official begin of the autumn season. September is the very best season to trek Annapurna Base Camp. The weather and temperature are very suitable for Annapurna Base Camp Trek.
The monsoon cleans the atmosphere and provides a clean and beautiful atmosphere. The views of the snow-capped mountain are very amazing. The green hills with the blooms rhododendron, bamboo forest are very lovely and heart touching. The day time walk is very suitable for the adventure hike.
You can enjoy the magnificent views of Mt Annapurna, Annapurna south, Mt Manaslu, Mt Machhapuchre and other surrounding peaks. You can also enjoy the unique culture and tradition of the Gurung and Magar people. The warm hospitality and lifestyle of the Gurung and Magar are inspiring.
While trekking in the Annapurna Base Camp Trek, don't forget to carry the rain protected gear. In some year monsoon continues till September. Don't forget to carry the warm jacket for the night. The night of September is very cold.
Enjoy the magnificent views of the diverse landscapes, nature, and culture of the Annapurna region. You will love the beautiful views of the Himalayan flora and fauna with the breathtaking views of the snow-capped mountain on the trial of the Annapurna Base Camp.
Highlights of the Annapurna Base Camp Trek in September
- Explore the Kathmandu city- the capital and the "City of Temple" of Nepal, enjoy the sightseeing tour and explore the heritage site listed in the UNESCO heritage site.
- Explore the Pokhara city- the lake city of Nepal, enjoy the sightseeing tour and the adventure activities like bungee jumping, paragliding, Zip flying, rafting, boating and many other.
- Best of the local and traditional cuisine.
- Walking through the narrow paved path, beautiful ancient monasteries, and Gompa, an old and traditional museum of Gurung and Magar.
- Close views of the Annapurna Massif.
- Annapurna Base Camp is the classic and legendary trial in Nepal.
- The impressive mountains, high hills, and the snowy peaks.
- The Annapurna Base Camp itself.
- Unique Gurung and Magar culture and tradition of the Annapurna region.
- Getting an insight into the day to day lifestyle of the Gurung and Magar.
- Unique landscapes and diverse Himalayan flora and fauna in the Annapurna region.
- Magnificent views of the Annapurna vista, Manaslu, Machhapuchre and few others.
Annapurna Base Camp Trek weather and temperature in September.
September arrives after the monsoon. If you are trekking in the September in the Annapurna Base Camp trek then you can experience the post-Monsoon weather. During early September, it might get rain and the path may be slippery and wet.
The weather in late September is stable. The monsoon clear all the dust and dirt on the atmosphere and also the hills, forest and grassland look greener.
The skies are very clear and you can enjoy the panoramic views of the all snow-capped mountain without any disturbance.
At the Annapurna Base Camp Trek, September is the pre-winter weather. Days are warm, daytime the temperature is mild, but the night time it is cold. The night gets colder day by day so you need to carry the necessary warm gears for the night while trekking to Annapurna Base Camp in September.
The temperature of the Annapurna Base Camp Trek in September
The temperature during the day time and night time is a huge difference in Annapurna Base Camp Trek. In the base camp September experience the pre-winter weather. At the base camp, late weather is very colder than early September.
Day time the temperature is mild but the night is very cold. The temperature during the night falls below zero degrees or below zero degrees. The temperature in the Annapurna Base Camp range from 8-15 degree at the day time and at night ranges from-0.
So carry the warm gear to protect you from the extreme cold and for the smooth processed for your Annapurna Base Camp Trek also carry some rain protected gear if necessary.
Accommodation, food, and water
Though the September is the peak season, if you trek in early September, the Annapurna Base Camp trail is less crowded. This means you will have easier access to accommodation and food.
Annapurna Base Camp is a popular tea house trek. You will find plenty of tea house and lodge for your accommodation. Some people want to enjoy the camping trekking too so September is the best months for doing camping.
Annapurna Base Camp is not very busy and crowded during the early September so it will be very easy for you to get a room for staying at the tea houses. You can find lots of choice of stays.
You can find both standard and basic teahouse during the route of the Annapurna Base Camp Trek. Generally, the teahouse provides you the basic service so don't expect a big room and high facilities. They provide you with a single room on a twin sharing basis. But during early September, you might also get a single room.
Note: September is very cold so carry your sleeping bag. The teahouse will provide you with blankets. You can also for some extra blankets during September.
Food and Drinks
As you trek higher, fewer will be the option for the food. You will eat three meal a day during the Annapurna Base Camp Trek: breakfast, Lunch, and dinner. The teahouse where you stay overnight will serve you dinner and early breakfast and you will have lunch somewhere in the teahouse or lodge in the route.
As you hike at the altitude the food menu is shorter than low altitude. They will serve you some local dishes and most of the foods include the flour product. You can also eat some famous international cuisine too.
You can find most of the teahouse with the same menus. You can eat pancakes, fried rice, pasta, yak cheese, beans, Dal Bhat, Momo. Eat only a balance diet food which can provide you sufficient energy for the trek.
For the drink, we advise you to drink 4- 5 liters water daily on the trek. It is very essential to keep your body hydrated while trekking. Keep distance with alcohols while you are trekking Annapurna Base Camp Trek. Consuming alcohols can dehydrate your body and increase the risks of the altitude sickness.
The interesting of trekking Annapurna Base Camp Trek in September Season
Trekking Annapurna Base Camp Trek has its own pros and cons, be prepared and well planned for the trek, pack all the essentials then you can have the wonderful trek.
The air is very clear and free from dust. The Himalayans come into their best form during the sunny days. The skies are also very clear. You can enjoy the magnificent views of the snow-peaked without any disturbance.
Monsoon rains give life to the vegetation. The forest looks dense and greener. The hills look very beautiful, the pastures also looks very green and beautiful. You can see the yak grazing the pastures. You can view the beautiful and unique flora and fauna wit green and fresh environment on the Annapurna Base Camp Trial.
Less crowd trail
Due to the post-monsoon season, it might rain sometimes. The region still affected by the monsoon. So September is less popular month than other months of the autumn season. Hence the trial is very peaceful. If you are the one who love peaceful, alone to travel, hate the busy then September is the best month.
There will be the less number of the traveler during the early September in the Annapurna Base Camp Trek so you can make the choice from the wide range of accommodation but during the October season, it is very difficult to get a room or you may have shared your room with your friends.
Some difficulties during Annapurna Base Camp Trek
- Altitude is one of the biggest challenges during the Annapurna Base Camp. You will reach at an altitude of 4150 meters. You are prone to altitude sickness throughout the Annapurna Base Camp Trek.
- The weather condition and temperature are not predictable. The early September you will experience the monsoon climate and it's little difficult to trek on.
- The temperature during the night is very cold. The cold temperature can be very touched if you don't carry the worm gears.
- You can a week and low energy while walking hike in the altitude so carry some chocolates and bar that give you extra energy while hiking.
Basic equipment list for Annapurna Base Camp Trek in September
Actually, September is the right time to do the adventure trek in the Annapurna region so you should be well prepared with the right gear and equipment.
Here are some list of the gear and equipment for Annapurna Base Camp Trek
- Rain Jackets for the early September
- Hiking sorts
- Lightweight pants
- Sunglasses, Sun-creams
- Waterproof pants
- Windproof jackets
- Wool pants
- Hiking boots
- Warm socks, warm hiking shoes
- Fleece jackets or pullover
- Down jacket and down vest
- Warms hand glovers
- Sleeping bags
- Trekking Poles
- Headlight with spare bulb batteries
- Basic first aid kits
- Large bags
- Waters bottles
- Day pack
- Personal required things like toothbrush/ paste, towel, multipurpose soap, face, and body moisture.
- Wet wipes, toilet roll, anti-bacterial hand wash.
Some trekking tips for Annapurna Base Camp Trek in September
In the lower altitude there is a high chance of rainfall during the September season, don't forget to carry the warm and rain protected gears and trial get to be wet and slippery so be prepared for that.
- At the high altitude, your body can be dehydrated very fast so drink the plenty of water while trekking to stay hydrated.
- Carry the good hiking boots and gloves to prevent frostbite.
- Be physically and mentally fit and fine while trekking to the Annapurna Base Camp.
- During the trekking, altitude sickness can be a major problem. If you have symptoms of Acute Mountain Sickness (AMS), you need to search for immediate medical help.
- Since September is the busy and the crowd trial, you need to book your accommodation in Advance.
September is the best season for the adventure trek in Nepal. Annapurna Base Camp Trek is the perfect outdoor activities in Nepal. The beautiful weather and temperature in September are the best remarkable trek in Nepal. In this season you can enjoy the magnificent views of the snowy peaks with our disturbance of the weather and climate, the skies are very clear, you can also enjoy the glimpse of rich festival and culture of the local people of the Mountain region in September. for more details contract local expertise Nepal Hiking Trek, Email us: email@example.com