Highlights of Everest Base Camp Trek in October:
- Explore the Kathmandu City- the capital of Nepal and also famous as the "City of the temple". Enjoy the city sightseeing tour, explore the major cultural and heritage site listed in the UNESCO world heritage sites.
- Adventurous and scenic mountain flight from Kathmandu-Lukla.
- Impressive views of the snow-capped mountain, green and lovely hills, diverse landscapes.
- Experience of the local and traditional cuisine.
- The Everest Base Camp itself.
- The unique experience of the culture, religion, and tradition of the Sherpa people of the Khumbu region.
- Namche Bazar- the gateway and trade center of the Khumbu region and dense settlement of the Sherpa people.
- Inspiring experience of the warm hospitality and day to day lifestyle of the Sherpa People.
- The largest and the unique Sherpa monasteries at Tengboche and Namche.
- Kalapather-the attractive and vantage point of the Everest region to enjoy the panoramic views of the surrounding peaks like Nuptse, Lhotse, Everest massif, other surrounding peaks, and Khumbu glacier.
- The diverse Himalayan flora and fauna in the Everest Region.
- Sagarmatha National Park- a natural UNESCO world heritage site.
- Magnificent views of the snow-capped peaks like MT. Everest, Lhotse, Pumori, Ama Dablam, and other surrounding peaks.
Everest Base Camp Trek in October Temperature and Climate
The weather in Everest Base Camp Trek in October is quite unpredictable. The temperature, climate condition changes swiftly and is the case even in October. However, the weather and climatic condition is less frequency in October than other months.
Generally the day time temperature range from 12 degree Celsius to 16 degree Celsius which is neither too cold and neither too hot. It is good to make the adventure hike during the day time.
And during the night time, the temperature range from 2 degree Celsius to -5 degree Celsius. It's not too extreme cold temperature in the high altitude mountain regions.
However, it is very difficult to predict the exact weather of the Everest Base Camp Trek in October. Because with the change in the weather pattern and cloud, the weather of the Everest Base Camp region changes every hour.
The climate in the Everest Base Camp Trek in October is very unpredictable. It is the best time to visit the Everest Base Camp from March to May and October-November.
Everest Base Camp Trek in October Weather
- The weather in October is much stable.
- The monsoon washes all the dust and dirt on the atmosphere and offers the greenery looks of the hills, forest, and grassland.
- The skies become cloudless, dark blue and the distant vista and panoramic views of the snow-peaks looks very attractive.
At the Everest Base Camp Trek in October, the month of the October experience the pre-winter weather. The day time is warm. The day time temperature is wild however the night is colder and it gets colder day by day so you will need to carry the warm gear while trekking to Everest Base Camp in winter.
Note: Carry the warm trekking gear for Everest Base Camp trek in October.
Basic Equipment list for Everest Base Camp Trek in October
Actually, October is the right time for trekking in the Everest Region. You need to be well prepared with the right trekking gear and equipment.
- Sun hat/Scarf/caps
- Lightweight thermal tops
- Flees jackets
- Waterproof jackets
- Down vest/jackets
- Lightweight warm gloves
- Heavyweight warm gloves
- Hiking sorts
- Light long cotton pants
- Light warm thermal bottoms
- Warm and waterproof pants
- Thin inner socks
- Thick hiking socks
- Hiking boots with spare laces
- Camp shoes/ sandals
- Sleeping bags
- Duffle bags
- Large plastic bags
- First Aid kit
- Trekking Poles
- Water bottle/camel bags
- Trekking maps
- Solar touch
- Water purifiers/tablets/iodine
- Portable altitude chamber and oxygen
- Medium size quick-drying towel
- Toothpaste and toothbrush
- Multipurpose soap
- Nail Clipper
- Face and body moisture
- Hygiene product
Toilet paper/tissue roll
Anti-bacteria hands wash
Everest Base Camp Trek in October Accommodation, Food, and Drinks
October season falls in the autumn season and it is also peak season to make the adventure trek to Everest Base Camp. It means it is a very difficult chance of getting good access to accommodation and food during the peak season in Everest Base Camp.
Everest Base Camp Trek is a popular tea house trek route. Because of peak season trek, it is very difficult to get the good accommodation facilities in the trial of Everest Base Camp.
The EBC trail is so busy in October so it is very difficult to get rooms for staying at the teahouses. You will get the limited choice to spend the night so it for the experience the teahouse service and access to accommodation then you should book the accommodation as fast as possible before trekking the Everest Base Camp.
You will provide with the basic facilities in the trial. So that do not expect the big rooms with high facilities. The teahouse house provides basic service. In general, they will provide a single room. But in October, You may have to share your rooms with your friend.
There are some people who love to do camping trekking also. October is a good time for the camp trekking as well.
The night is very cold and increasing day by day so carry the warm clothes and sleeping bags due to the crowded season may teahouse will unable to provide with extra blankets Everest Base Camp Trek in October.
Food and Drinks
In the Everest Base Camp, the higher you trek, fewer will be the option for the food. You will eat three meals a daily in your Everest Base Camp trial: breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The teahouse where you spend a night will provide you with dinner and the early breakfast. You will eat lunch somewhere in the lodge and teahouse in the route.
As you reach the high altitude, you will provide with a very short food menu. They serve you some of their local dishes. Most of the food they provide you include cereals and flour product. You will also get some opportunity to eat international cuisine.
Most of the teahouse in the Everest Base Camp trekking trial have a similar menu. You can eat bread, pancakes, pasta, fried rice, beans, yak cheese, Dal Bhat, Momo, Yak steak, Garlic soup, etc. consume only a balance diet food it means, eat only the food that supplies you sufficient energy for the trek. Do not forget to carry some bar and chocolates that will provide you with extra energy for the altitude hike.
For a drink, we advise you to drink 5-6 liters of water every day on the trek. It is very essential to keep your body far from the dehydration. Please sit away from alcohols and beverages while you are trekking in the Everest Base Camp Trek in October. Consuming alcohols might dehydrate your body and will increase the risks of the altitude sickness.
Why Everest Base Camp Trek in October
Trekking in October has its own pros. Plan your trek, pack all the essentials and you will have a wonderful trek.
The Everest Base Camp Trek in October air is cleat and dust free, the environment is fresh. The Himalayas exhibit their best form during the bright and sunny days. Enjoy the beautiful scenery of the world heist mountain without disturbance of the weather and climate in the October season.
The peaceful environment will blow you all stressed and tiredness and take you back to nature. The nature scenery that you eye photographs will leave an imprint in your mind and soul and remains for the lifetimes.
The clear blue provides to the magnificent views of world highest mountain Mt Everest, Mt Ama Dablam, Mt Lhotse, Mt Nuptse and other surrounding peaks.
The diversified scenery is the glory of the Everest Base Camp Trek in October. Settlement of the Sherpa people along the route with their famous monasteries will allure you. Green grassland, hills are very lovely and heart touching.
The views in October are very surprising because of the clear weather condition. You enjoy the natural beauty of the Himalayan trekking the Everest Base Camp in October.
The monsoon rains give the new life to the vegetation along the trail. The forest looks greener, dense and lovely. The pastures provide unique beauties in the forest, you can see the herd of yak grazing on the pastures. The clean and green surrounding is one of the best highlights of the EBC trek in October.
Less chance of the flight delay and cancellations
The weather in October generally remains stable. So, there is a lesser chance of the flight delay and cancellation in the October season.
Most of the festival in Nepal
Nepal is very rich in culture, tradition, and religion. Nepalese people celebrate varieties of the festival which have their own significance. Dashain and Tihar are the biggest festivals celebrated in Nepal and falls in the October months.
Festival means the time of celebrating, delight and togetherness in the family. By traveling a long way they return to their home villages. Families unite. This creates a joyful and happy environment in the country.
As you can be part of the festival if you trek in the month of October. The memories you collect for the cultural program and festival of the local people that can last for your lifetime.
The feeling of receiving the blessing of Tika from the hand of the aged Sherpa is very wonderful. You can experience the glory of Nepalese culture and festival so don't miss the joy while trekking in Everest Base Camp Trek in October.
October is the best time to trek Everest Base Camp because of its moderate temperature and weather. You will not experience the much cold, unlike winter. You will feel warm sunrays of summer.
There will be less chance of the rain falls that means you should not need to worry about the slippery monsoon trial. You can walk wearing light clothes. Bring sunny days will improve your visibility and this makes your trek more pleasurable.
Great weather and climate condition mean you don't need to rush so early in the morning and evening. You can enjoy and explore the Himalayan beauty more.
Say 'yes' to the diverse vegetation and 'No' to the snow. Sagarmatha National Park is the home of the diverse vegetation. While trekking in the parks, you will walk through the various lush trees and also a blooms rhododendron which spread colorful smiles in the forest.
Sagarmatha National Park is very rich in diverse flora and fauna. You will walk trail through the rhododendron and oak, bamboo forest inside the park. The interconnection of the Sherpa culture and the ecosystem is the major highlight of the Sagarmatha National Park.
Everest Base Camp Trek in October, in the lower altitude, you can enjoy the walk through the paddy and millet field and you can see the various grazing lands with the Himalayan animals at the footstep of the hills and also cattle grazing on the busy plants that grow over the irregular hills.
Enjoy-full and Happy trial.
The Everest Base Camp is one of the popular and legendary trekking trials in the world. October is the peak season to trek in the Everest Base Camp. So the trial is very busy with lots of local and international tourist. You can experience the warm hospitality of the Sherpa People throughout the trial. This creates a happy and cheerful moment along with the trial.
Some tips for the Everest Base Camp trek in October
- Start the adventure trek, starting early means you can explore more to nature also you can reach in your destination early. You can have more time to enjoy the sunset views in the evening.
- The weather this month is stable. Yet, bad weather can hit any time of the month in the Himalayan so all also the essential gear and equipment for the trek.
- Adventure trekking in the Himalayan is not too easy. Especially if it is your first adventure hike to the mountain region, you may not be more familiar with trekking in rugged landscapes. So you may need to carry the well-trained and experienced guide. An expert guide is known as the answer banks, they know all the things about the region you are trekking.
- October is the peak season to trek in the Everest region. So most of the teahouses and lodge are already occupied. So forgetting the good accommodation service and wants to make simplicity to the trek then book the accommodation as fast as possible while you are trekking Everest Base Camp in October.
- Adventure trekking more memorable and enjoyable if you are comfortable. First of all, prepare mentally and physically yourself. Physically comfortable involves your dressing, shoes and other personnel required things you carry on your back. Thus arrange a comfortable bag pack before going on the Everest Base Camp.
- Maintain a constant pace of the adventure walk. Take rest at the interval. Do not try to overdo. Slow and steady is the key factor to success the Everest Base Camp Trek in October.
- Drink plenty of water while trekking in the high altitude. Your body can dehydrate faster in the high altitude. Make sure you will keep your body far from the dehydration. By dinking minimum 4-5 liters of water daily.
- We advise you to carry the hot water bottle. Hat water during the trek is quite expensive and also do not forget to carry water purification tablets.
- Do not ignore the symptoms of altitude sickness while hiking in the high altitude it may lead you to the serious problems of to the death so if you get the symptoms of the altitude sickness then share with your partner.
- The temperature during the night is very cold so get the good and warm sleeping bag for the trek.
- Budget managing is little challenging During the Everest Base Camp Trek. So you must carry some extra amount during the trek.
Some difficulties during the Everest Base Camp Trek in October
- October is the peak season for the adventure trek in Nepal. In the Everest base camp trial, there are only limited tea house and lodge. So you might have some difficult to get the teahouse or lodge for your accommodation. And also you may have to sit in the queue for getting the food and you may have to share your room with your partner.
- Altitude is one of the biggest challenges during the Everest Base Camp Trial. You will reach at an altitude of 5555 meters, Kalapather. You are prone to the altitude sickness throughout the Everest Base Camp.
- The weather at the Everest Base Camp is very unpredictable. Thus the trial can be more difficult to the trek on.
- The temperature at night is very cold. Day by day the temperature can be very tough if you don't carry the warm gear during the trek.
- You will feel low of energy and weak while hiking in the high altitude so carry the bar and chocolates to supply you extra energy while hiking in the altitude.
- There is various altitude variation while ascending and descending the Everest Base Camp Trek. If it is your first adventure trek then you might get altitude sickness in the Everest Base Camp Trek.
- The Everest Base Camp trail is a very rough trail. The trial can seem to be very long for those who are not used to trek or hike a long distance. So be confident and careful while trekking Everest Base Camp trek.
What is it like trekking the Everest Base Camp Trek in October?
Aside from the breathtaking scenery, travelers to the region can experience the unique culture and tradition of the Sherpa. They can visit the famous and local monasteries and museum along with the trial.
Your days turns bliss with the colorful prayers across the route. You stroll along the swing bridge and numerous boulders. During the evening you can enjoy the hot food, explore the nearby villages and conservation with the local people.
The perfect blend of the natural beauty, fascinating nature, as well as the warm hospitality of the local people, make the Everest Base Camp Trek more memorable and beautiful.
The thing should be considered while trekking Everest Base Camp Trek in October:
Guide and Porter:
The government of Nepal is making compulsory for the hiring of a guide. But we suggest you make it compulsory right away, it is always safe to trek with a local guide. The guide is known as the answer bank means they can provide you with all the information and knowledge they known.
Solo trekking is on hold now but is still possible to trek solo. But hiring the porter and guide has many advantages.
For $22-35 a day you are giving them a valuable job for the one. In return, they will give you comfort and much easy.
And also you can be more familiar with the local culture and natural environment.
But during the peak season like October, you may not get the desired guides and porters on the preferred time. So, it is good to pre-book the guides and porter for your easy and beautiful journey.
- Almost nothing really prepares you for the adventure trek's extreme hills and altitude of up to 5555 meters. It is up to you how you experience it for yourself. But there are certain fitness activities that you can do to prepare yourself physically.
- Prepare yourself with cardiovascular training several times a week. You can do cycling, swimming, hill climbing and lots of walk for a five-hour walk once a day to increase your strength and be physically fit and fine.
- Look out for the hills or tall building and repeatedly walk up and down the stair of hills several times.
- Always keep in the mind that "slow and steady" is the key to achieve and success your trek. People with moderate fitness can easily complete this trek.
- Health Facilities or emergency during October in Everest Base Camp Trek
- The Kunder hospital was built by the Edmund Hillary in1965, located north of the Namche Bazar has been providing the medical service to the needed and sick people for the past few decades.
- The Himalayan Rescue Association also runs a health post in a village Pheriche above Namche Bazaar and offer you emergency treatment.
- It can cost $65 for the Consultation with Gamow bags and bottled oxygen for treatments. There are also available chartered helicopter to rescue those who have fallen sick, ill and got injured.
- Everest region is the highest in Nepal, averaging 4,000 meters. Mt Everest is the world highest mountain with a height of 8848 meters.
- The combination of the cold, wind, strong sun and dry air creates a harsh atmosphere for the trekkers on the high altitude trial.
- As you hike higher, the fewer you will get oxygen in the air to breath. So anyone can suffer from the altitude sickness. If altitude sickness is not treated on time then it can end your trek and can lead to death.
Here are some guidelines to help you to prevent the altitude sickness during Everest Base Camp Trek.
- Slow and steady is the key to the success of the trek and also provide your body with enough time to acclimatization. No need to be a worry for behind just walking slowly there will be someone to give you a company on the trial.
- Walk at a high altitude and sleep at the lower altitude. It will give your body to adjust to the give environment and altitude.
- Stay hydrated, drink plenty of water, we suggest you drink almost 4-5 liters of water daily.
- Avoid alcohols. it may dehydrate your body fast. You will have plenty of time to enjoy alcohols after success and completion of the trek.
- Know yourself. Have you ever had altitude sickness? If yes then consult with your doctors the carry the needed medicine.
- Be honest. If you suffer from the altitude sickness then do not ignore to share with your friend. The small carelessness can lead to serious problems or to the death too.
- In the high altitude, many people are suffering from a minor headache. Don't be a worry, it can be caused due to the dehydration. Eat medicine like pain killer to get relief but if it continues then inform your guide. In most of the cases, it is treatable on the trial and can continue their trek.
- If you suffer from several altitude illnesses like severe or constant headaches with difficult vomiting, difficult in taking oxygen share with your guide. Your guide will immediately take you to the lower altitude. And take you to the near clinic for medical treatment.
- If the clinic or your guide decide you need further treatment then you get immediate helicopter evacuation.
Permits and fee
To trek in the nay region or part in Nepal. You need to collect the respective permit for those places. In general, you need to collect TIMS card for trekking in any region in Nepal. But if you have the restricted or local permits then you don't need to collect TIMS card. As the same condition for the Everest Base Camp Trek.
Here is some list of the permits you need while trekking Everest Base Camp Trek in October :
You can get the local permit at the Monjo, Chubu region after paying us$20 or you can also obtain local permit form the tourism board, Kathmandu.
Sagarmatha National Park Entry permit
Cost= USD 30 + government tax
Mt Everest lies inside the area of Sagarmatha National Park, Solukhumbu district. So trekkers need to get the necessary national park entry permit. There is a checkpoint in Monjo, where you need to show your permit card.
There are few checkpoints where you need to register your permit. If you trekking by hiring the trekking agency then they will manage and sort out all your problems. The price of the permit is the same if you are trekking individual. You can get a permit in Kathmandu or Monjo.
Gauri Sankar National Park Entry permit
Cost= USD $ 20
The cost is the same for the individual trekkers and the trekker trekking with the agency. For the trekkers from the SAARC country, there is some certain discount on this permit.
There is also check post at Shivalya (Next town from Jiri). You can either but this permit at Kathmandu for the US $20 or pay the double US $40 and get it at Shivalaya.
You don't need this permit while you take flight for Kathmandu to Lukla, this permit is required only if you choose the classic Jiri route for your adventure trek.
Everest Base Camp Trek in October, Travel insurance is very measured things to consider while trekking in the mountain or high altitude region to prevent you from the bad things that you bear during your trek. You can never be sure what will happen on your trek when the altitude sickness will get you and evacuating you're from the Everest region from a helicopter might cost you $5000-$10000.
An accident can happen anytime even in the safest trial too ad while taking precautions. Thus having insurance can be very useful while trekking in the higher altitude. Remember that Nepal doesn't offer any kind of insurance, you will have to make your insurance in your home country.
Also, some trekking companies do not accommodate you if you don't have the right insurance necessary for the trek.
Besides, there are also risks to travel or flight delays. There are various travel companies such as Nomads, Travelex that provide travel insurance. Make sure that you check with these companies as to what things are covered by your insurance.
Some other trek in Everest region in October
Everest Base Camp is not only the trek that is available in the Everest region there are also many beautiful treks that can be complete in the October months. Here's the list of other treks that you can complete in the Everest base Camp region during the October months:
Everest Panorama Trek
Everest Panorama trek is the legendary and the shortest treks in the Everest region. The route of the Everest Panorama trek will not take you to the Everest Base Camp but other famous and beautiful places in the Khumbu region like Namche Bazar(the gateway of the Khumbu region and famous trade center of the Khumbu region), Lukla, Tengboche, Phakding, Tengboche Monasteries. This trek is very suitable for those who want to do the light trek and prepare for the future trek to the Everest Base Camp, as the starting point. In this trek, you can enjoy the panoramic views of the world highest mountain without any disturbance of the weather and climatic condition.
Everest Base Camp helicopter trek
In the Everest Base Camp Helicopter trek, there is a perfect combination of the light trek and flight trek which starts from Namche Bazar to the Everest Base Camp. the total trekking days in the Everest Base Camp helicopter trek is very few days and don't be a worry for missing Everest Base Camp if you choose for the Everest Base Camp Helicopter trek. you can enjoy the views of the summit of the world highest mountain and can experience the beautiful mountain flight too. This trek is very suitable for those who have fewer holidays and wants to experience the Everest Base Camp. Everest Base Camp helicopter tour is for those who don't want to trek or hike in the Everest region but want to enjoy the gorgeous views of the world highest mountain present in the Everest region. With a money back guarantee if the flight doesn't take off, medical facilities by charting you in the case of emergency and many more. This tour is very suitable for the one who doesn't want to experience the adventure hike but wants to enjoy the views of the mountain by experience the mountain flight.
Gokyo Valley Trek
Gokyo Valley Trek, a splendid valley, home to splendid mountains as well as the beautiful water resources, is a dream of a valley to go to and enjoy. The Gokyo valley is the highest altitude settlement in Nepal as well as in the world and almost house in this village is designed and build for the visitors and travelers. The interesting fact of this valley is during the temperature below 0.C people migrate at the lower altitude villages. The Gokyo valley trek will last for the 15 days, in these days you can enjoy beautiful Himalayan flora and fauna, gorgeous mountain views. Renjo La Pass trek is another beautiful trek around the same area that lasts for a similar period of time as Gokyo valley trek.
Everest Base Camp Trek in October is the best season for trekking in the Mt. Everest and to enjoy the crystal clear views of the world highest mountain with the views of their summit without any disturbance of weather and climatic condition. October is also the month of the cultural celebration in Nepal. You can have many prons by trekking in the Everest Region in October like experience the cultural program and festival of the Sherpa people with their warm hospitality. The beautiful season, wonderful and scenic mountain views, the wonderful festival is waiting for taking your breath away.
Enjoy the beautiful Everest Base Camp trek in October with the Nepal Hiking trek. One of the local agencies, providing warm and quality service to the client since 2015 AD. We will support you for the great success of your trek and also provide you will the required guide and porter you want to hire for the easy and comfortable trek. We are working by thinking the client that enters our office as the god and always tries to provide them with the quality service and facilities. If you have any question related to this then you can mail us: email@example.com.