The highlights of the Annapurna Circuit Trek
- Kathmandu sightseeing tour- The capital of Nepal, explore the Hindus temple like Pashupatinath, Krishna Mandir, Buddhist Stupa like Swayambhunath, Boudhanath, and the city old complex like Patan Durbar Square, Kathmandu Durbar Square, Bhaktapur Durbar square listed in the UNESCO world heritage site.
- Explore Pokhara city- The " City lake" of Nepal, explore the natural and cultural heritage sites enjoy the adventure sites like boating in the Phewa lake, rafting in the Seti rivers, explore the David falls, enjoy the stunning views of the Mt Annapurna, Mt Dhaulagiri, Mt Machhapuchre and many more, explore David falls, Bat(Chamero) cave.
- Explore the Tilicho lake, Muktinath temple and many more during the trek.
- Walk following the track of the rivers, crossing the dense forest of bamboo, pine, Sal and rhododendron, crossing the scattered village of Gurung, Sherpa, and Magar.
- Explore the remote lifestyle, culture, and tradition of the locals.
- Stunning views of the highest snow-capped mountains like Mt Annapurna, Annapurna south, Machhapuchre and other surrounded peaks.
Are you planning to trek Annapurna Circuit trek during September or wants to know whether the Annapurna circuit trek in September is a good idea or not?
Then read this article, we include all the things you need to know before trekking to Annapurna circuit trek in September.
- Best season to trek the Annapurna circuit trek
- Can you trek Annapurna circuit trek during September?
- Weather and climate in the Annapurna Circuit Trek during September.
- Pons of trekking the Annapurna circuit in September
- Cons of trekking the Annapurna circuit trek in September
- Accommodation and Food &Water
- Basic equipment for Annapurna Circuit Trek during September
- Trekking tips for the Annapurna Circuit Trek during September
- Best for Annapurna Circuit during September
When is the best time to trek Annapurna Circuit Trek
As far as the trekking season goes, the month of September to November is the peak season to trek the Annapurna circuit trek, the trail is crowded than the other season, these season falls in the autumn season so that rain will not disturb, the atmosphere is clear and cool you, you can enjoy breathtaking flora and fauna, the sky is very clear and you can enjoy the spectacular views of the snowy mountain without any disturbance of the weather and climate, enjoy the natural beauty of that season will blow all your tiredness.
The next best months to trek the Annapurna circuit trek is March-June, these seasons are the pre-monsoon season, as the end of the February months the winter season will also, end and the day gets warmer, you can enjoy the breathtaking views of the mountain and nature by trekking in this season.
Can I trek Annapurna circuit trek in September?
September is the peak season to trek in Nepal, the monsoon season is just ended and the forest and nature will wash all the dirt and glow, the sky is clear, the atmosphere is also very clean. Trekking the Annapurna circuit in September is a very good idea you can enjoy the breathtaking views of the snow-capped mountain without any disturbance of the weather and climate.
You can enjoy the beautiful views of the Himalayan flora and fauna, experience the warm hospitality of the locals with their local culture, tradition and also you will get an opportunity to enjoy the famous festival (Dashain) trekking in this season.
Weather and climate in the Annapurna Circuit Trek during the September
September is the end of the monsoon, but sometimes the rain still continues in the month of the September so it is a little unpredictable, but you can enjoy the beautiful environment, natural beauty as well as Himalayan beauty, the skies are very clear than other months and the atmosphere is also very clear and beautiful, can enjoy the breathtaking views of the snow-capped mountains without any disturbance of the weather.
The Thorong La Pass is the highest and the attractive point of the Annapurna circuit trek, you can enjoy the incredible views of the snowy mountains like Mt Annapurna, Mt Manaslu, Mt Dhaulagiri and other surrounded peak without any weather disturbance and climatic condition.
Pons of trekking Annapurna Circuit Trek during September
As we come to know that September is the end of monsoon months, at the altitude of 2000 meters, especially at the southern region of the trek (Pokhara) it is quite wet but if you walk to Mustang and upper Pisang these places receive fewer rainfalls in this season, so you can enjoy the incredible views of the snow-capped mountains like Annapurna Range, Mt Manaslu, Mt Dhaulagiri, and other surrounding peaks.
The skies are very clear so you can clearly enjoy the natural beauty during the route, trekking in the September season you will also get the opportunity to enjoy the great festival of the Nepalese called Dashain and also can be more familiar with the locals, their lifestyle, ancient culture and tradition and many more.
Cons of trekking Annapurna Circuit trek during September
The weather in Annapurna Circuit Trek during September is quite unpredictable so that the weather can be changed anytime, anywhere to be careful about it, be prepared for it and carry all the necessary gears for the trek.
September season is the peak season to trek, the route is quite busy and crowded, you may not easily get the teahouse and lodge in this season and also you may have to share your room with your friends. So if you want to enjoy the good accommodation during September you should book the lodge or tea house as fast as possible before trekking the Annapurna Circuit trek.
Accommodation, Food, and Water
Though the September is the peak season, if you trekked Annapurna circuit trek in early September, the trial is less crowded. It means you will have earlier access to accommodation and other facilities.
Annapurna circuit trek is a legendary and classic trek in Nepal and also popular for the tea house trek. you will find plenty of tea house and lodge for the better accommodation. Some people also want to enjoy the camping trekking so September is also best months for the enjoying camping.
Annapurna Circuit trek is not too busy during the early September so it will be very easy for you for getting the room in the teahouse or lodge. You will also get a lot of choice for the stays during the trek.
During the Annapurna circuit trek on the trail, you will find both standard and basic teahouse. Normally the teahouse provides you with the basic service like a single room on the twin sharing basis with a blankest so don't expect big room and high facilities.
But in early September, you might get a single room. For enjoying the comfortable accommodation in the peak season you should book the trek as fast as possible before heading to the trek.
Remember that the September is very cold season so carry the warm and necessary gear with a warm sleeping bags. The teahouse will provide you with only blankets, but some teahouse you will also provide with an extra blanket during this season.
Food and drinks
In the adventure hiking as you trek higher, fewer you will get the option for the food. Normally you will eat three meal a day during the Annapurna Circuit Trek: Breakfast, Lunch, and dinner. The teahouse or lodge where you stay overnight will serve you the dinner and early breakfast, you will have lunch somewhere in the route.
As you hike at the altitude, you will get the shorter menu comparatively then lower altitude. You will be served the local dishes and most of the foods include the flour product. You can also enjoy some famous international cuisine too on the route.
You can see most of the teahouse with the same menus. You can enjoy pancakes, fried rice, pasta, yak cheese, beans, Dal Bhat, Momo. Eat only a balance diet food which can provide you with sufficient energy for the trek.
For the drink, we advise you to drink 4-5 liters water daily on the trek. it is very essential to keep your body hydrated while trekking. Keep distance with alcohols while you are trekking Annapurna Circuit Trek. Consuming alcohols can dehydrate your body and increase the risks of the altitude sickness.
The basic equipment for the Annapurna Circuit Trek in September
- Sun protected hat
- Upper Body
- Waterproof jackets
- Light thermal top
- Fleece jacket
- Down Jackets
- Hiking sorts
- Lightweight Cotton long pants
- Lightweight thermal bottoms
- Wool/ fleece pants
- Waterproof shell pants
- Thin inner socks
- Thick woolen socks
- Hiking boots with spare less
- Camp shoes (sandals)
- Warm sleeping bags
- First aid kits
- Trekking Poles
- Large plastic bags
- Duffles bags
- Day packs
- Water bottles or camel bags
- 1 medium sized towel
- Toothbrush/ toothpaste
- Multipurpose soaps
- Nail clippers
- Body moisturizers
- Hygiene products
- Tissues roll/toilet rolls
- Wet wipes
- Anti-bacterial hand wash or
- Hand sanitizers
Trekking tips for the Annapurna Circuit Trek during September
- In early September in the lower altitude, the chance of rain is high so you should prepare yourself by carrying the necessary gear, the trials also can get a bit slippery.
- At the higher altitudes, your body will get dehydrated faster so you need to drink plenty of water to stay hydrated, to stay far from the altitude sickness and other diseases. By drinking minimum 4-5 liters of water daily.
- You need to carry the good hiking boots.
- You need to be physically and mentally fit, do the necessary exercise which increases your strength.
- September is the peak season so you need to do the advance booking for the accommodation.
- We advise you to carry the hot water bottle. Hat water during the trek is quite expensive and also do not forget to carry water purification tablets.
- Do not ignore the symptoms of altitude sickness while hiking in the high altitude it may lead you to the serious problems of the death so if you get the symptoms of the altitude sickness then share with your partner.
- The temperature during the night is very cold so get the good and warm sleeping bag for the trek.
Some difficulties during Annapurna Circuit trek in September
- September is the peak season for the beautiful adventure trek in Nepal. In Annapurna Base The camp trial in this season, there are only limited teahouse and lodge so you might have to face some difficulties to get the basic teahouse or lodge for the accommodation or you may have to share your room with your friends too so I suggest you book the accommodation before you started the adventure trek.
- Altitude takes the biggest challenge during the Annapurna Circuit trail. You reach in the altitude of 5190 meters, Thorong La Pass so you are likely to have the altitude sickness so be prepared for it.
- The weather is a little unpredictable, thus it could put you in some difficulties.
- September is the starting of the autumn season so the temperature at night is very cold. Day by day the temperature can challenge you if you don't carry the warm gear during the Annapurna Circuit trek
- You may feel low of the energy and week while hiking in the high altitude so carry some bar and chocolates to supply you the extra energy while trekking in the high altitude.
Best of the Annapurna Circuit Trek during September
You can have many prons while trekking Annapurna Circuit Trek in the September months. Some of the best parts while trekking in the Annapurna circuit is listed below:
Annapurna Circuit Trek is famous for the homestay route it is the best part of this trek starting from the Besi Sahar you will trek to Chame and walk ahead. The route of this trek takes you to the scattered village of the Gurung, Magar and Tharu crossing the breathtaking natural beauty rich with the priceless flora and fauna, dense blooms rhododendron and pine forest from one village to another village, which will provide you with the great opportunity to enjoy the traditional cuisine, to involve in the local and cultural program, to experience the remote lifestyle, enjoy their warm hospitality in the very step of the walk with the stunning views of the snowy mountains.
Tilicho lake is the major attraction of the Annapurna Circuit Trek, it is located in the Manang district and also known as the highest lake located at the altitude of 4919meters in our country as well as in the world. No camping is required while visiting the Tilicho Lake and Base Camp as new lodges have been built between Manang and the lake. You can reach the lake in a day hike from the lodge at Tilicho Base Camp. the stunning views of the lake are a major attraction there. You can also enjoy the gorgeous mountain peak like Tilicho, Nilgiri, Muktinath and many other surrounding this lake.
Muktinath is one of the major attraction of the Annapurna Circuit Trek, and also a very popular Vishnu temple located at the first altitude in the world. Muktinath Temple is the famous sacred place for Hindus and Buddhists located in this valley with an altitude of 3710 meters at the foot of the Thorong La mountains. The Hindu believes that LordVishnu got salvation from the curse of Brinda here, therefore, he is worshipped as Muktinath. In Janai Purnima every year there is a big fair takes place here. Muktinath is interesting and very suitable for exploring and famous temple in the entire circuit.
Thorong La Pass
Annapurna Circuit Trek main attraction Thorong La Pass is the attractive and the vantage point with an altitude of 5190. This pass is the unlimited price of the Annapurna Circuit trek. it is also a famous gateway to the Mustang valley trekking from the Manang, it offers the panoramic views of Mt Annapurna, Manaslu, Nilgiri, Machhapuchre, Himchuli, and many other surrounding peaks. The pass offers the unlimited views of the surrounding and natural beauty so while trekking in this pass make sure that the battery in the camera is full.
Annapurna Circuit Trek another famous pace Tatopani is one of the most popular natural hot water spring in the Sindupalchowk, it offers the majestic views of Bhote Koshi river running down from the Chine into the lush green vegetation, it is the major attraction besides the hot spring in this region. It is very popular among the people who want a refreshing bath in the hot water and said to have medicine and healing power. This hot spring has a healing effect because of the high mineral content in the water which makes it very popular and also very benefits include the blood purification in the body. It is a very famous spot for enjoying the hot spring bath, to relax and enjoy the natural after the beautiful success of the Annapurna Circuit trek.
Marpha is a beautiful village in the Mustang District. Marpha reflect the "mar" meaning hard working and "Pha" means people. This village is the famous apple capital. The major attraction of the village is the Nyingma monasteries from which there are good views of the village, can see the intricate puzzle of the ancient and the modern, electricity cords dangling over chili peppers and herbs left to dry in the sun and the Gandaki river valley. Visit the museum named Japanese Zen Monks are also a major attraction. This is a famous spot for spending the night, enjoying the local culture, green vegetation, and beauty of the village.
It is also the major attraction of the Annapurna Circuit Trek and the famous festival celebrated all over the Mustang and especially celebrated in the Muktinath during the August full moon day every year. It celebrates three days with a horse race, drinking and dancing by the local Thakali people. This program is developed for those people who look for the chance to observe the Tibetan Buddhist festival with the magnificent mountain views of the Nilgiri and Dhaulagiri. The most attraction of this festival Is the horse race content by the name and woman. In the local language, Yartung means the end of the summer and Mela means the fair or festival so Yratung Mela means a festival to send off the summer. So you can collect and experience the beautiful moment by trekking in this season.
Annapurna Circuit trek is very classic and popular trek completer in the Annapurna Region. It takes around 14 days to complete the entire circuit. Annapurna circuit trek is basically eye-watering and all your senses- watering trek with the breathtaking views of the landscapes and vegetation. From the lush dense forest in the hills, a snowy mountain peak with no vegetation and trans-Himalayan mustang, the variety of the people you see and meet along the way, their culture, local and tradition cuisine, remote lifestyle and their unique language make you entire trek very beautiful and memorable. The views of the fabulous mountain that will give you a constant company along with the trek, Annapurna Circuit Trek is the best trek in the world.
So don't miss the chance to enjoy Annapurna Circuit trek in September, enjoy every step of your life with Nepal Hiking Trek. for more information, you can leave your mail in [email protected]