Everest Base Camp Trek is a dream destination for many visitors as this trekking route leads to the base of the world's highest mountain Mt-Everest.
Trek to the Everest Base Camp is the combined trekking packages that provide you with the breathtaking scenery of the Himalayan ranges, Sherpa culture, views of monasteries, gambas, and wildlife. Trekking to the Everest Base Camp trek is one of the unforgettable experiences for the lifetimes. It's like a dream while seeing the world's highest mountain- Mt Everest in front of you with other surrounding views- but it will be reality while you trek the Everest Base Camp Trek.
Hiking through the Sagarmatha national park, knowing more about the Sherpa culture and tradition, walking through the forested area, hiking higher and higher crossing the many un-melted glaciers, you will get the thrilling and wonderful experience while trekking in the Everest region.
Facing some up and down gives you a thrilling adventure. While trekking in the Spring and Autumn season you will see the people in the base camp getting ready to climb the iconic peak-Everest.
It's worthy to trek the Everest Base Camp causing trekking here you will see some of the highest mountains in the world, the oldest monasteries, Sherpa culture, and breathtaking nature.
Thus the trip to Everest Base Camp is a lifetime experience.
Highlights of Everest Base Camp trek
- Everest Base Camp Trek itself.
- Adventurous flight from and to Lukla-Kathmandu.
- Warm culture and lifestyle of the local Sherpa people.
- Summit view of the world's highest peak-Mt Everest.
- Amazing views of the Himalayan ranges including Mt Cho Oyu, Mt Nuptse, Mt Lhotse, and many other surrounding peaks.
- Attractive and the vantage point of the Trek-Kalapather.
- Exploring the oldest monasteries of the Khumbu region-Tengboche monasteries.
- Walking through the Sagarmatha National park- natural and heritage sites listed in the UNESCO.
- View of wide ranges of flora and fauna of the region.
Benefits of trekking Everest Base Camp trek during this pandemic with us (Nepal Hiking Trek)
- Best trekking package at very reasonable prices.
- Pick up from the hotel and drop to the hotel, private vehicle during the trek
- Medical kit
- Provide you with the best guide and trustworthy porter.
- Your safety is one main priority while being with us.
- Regular health checkup, including your pulse rate, body temperature to ensure you are healthy and safe.
- Arranging all your hiking and resting days, meal, and breaking time during the hike, so no need to worry while trekking with us.
Overviews of Everest Base Camp Trek during COVID-19 Pandemic
Everest Base Camp Trek is listed in the top three best trekking routes in Nepal and also popular trekking destinations among the visitors. This popular trek starts from the capital city-Kathmandu with a short flight to Lukla which is around 35 minutes flight but provides you with the amazing nature view. Then you will trek to Phakding in the same day and rest overnight here. The next day after having breakfast, you make your way to Namche Bazar walking through the Dudh Koshi river valley and dense forest covered with the colourful blooms rhododendrons. Namche Bazar-is the famous Sherpa town of the Khumbu region and also famous for its handicraft, known as the gateway of the Everest Region Trekking. It is also a popular trade zone of the place. Just 2-3 hours explore is not enough for this place so you will have the rest and acclimatization day. In this day you will hike to the Everest View hotel, to enjoy the back-dropping views of the world iconic mountain with the best sunshine view, in the clear weather you can see the views of Mt Everest from here, exploring the monasteries, familiar with the Sherpa people, their culture, tradition, hospitality is the highlight of the day.
Nest following day you will hike to Tengboche -(exploring the ancient and older monasteries of the Khumbu region-Tengboche monasteries is the highlight of this day), Dingboche, Lhotse to reach the Gorakshep. It takes around 1 hour to reach the Everest base camp from Gorakshep. Today you will reach the final destination of your trek. you may not see the clear summit views of Mt Everest because Mt Nuptse blocks this views, you will see the glimpse of Mt Everest, Nuptse, Lhotse, and few other peaks from base camp enjoying the views of the mountains, enjoying the peaceful beauty, making your mind peace and calm, clicking the many photos as a memory but After spending your time here, you will return to Gorakshep for overnight stay.
Next early morning you will hike to Kalapather-the attractive and vantage point to the trek to enjoy the clear and summit views of the surrounding snow-capped peaks mountains. Here you can see the clear summit views of Mt-Everest which is block by Mt-Nuptse from the base camp. So Kalapather is a really attractive point of the trek.
From here you will descend back to your initial point.
- Day 01: Kathmandu arrival
- Day 02: City sightseeing tour or free day shop and explore around
- Day 03: Kathmandu to Lukla fly and trek to Phakding
- Day 04: Trek to Namche Bazaar
- Day 05: Rest and acclimatization
- Day 06: Namche Bazaar to Tengboche
- Day 07: Tengboche to Dingboche
- Day 08: Rest day
- Day 09: Dingboche to Lobuche
- Day 10: Lobuche to Gorakshep
- Day 11: To Kalapathar (5545 meters) descend to Gorakshep- Pheriche
- Day 12: Pheriche to Namche Bazaar
- Day 13: Namche Bazaar to Lukla
- Day 14: Fly back to Kathmandu
- Day 15: Rest Day/ Shopping (Farewell dinner)
- Day 16: Departure day.
Everest Base Camp trek during COVID-19 Pandemic
If you are planning to trek Everest Base Camp during the Pandemic then Read Trekking in Nepal? Learn more about the Coronavirus! And Can I do adventure trekking during this pandemic? In this article, we have listed all the things you should know before planning the trip.
It's not a big deal to trek the Everest Base Camp Trek following the safety rules and protocols listed by your trekking agency. Before booking ahead for the trek you should know about the present condition of Nepal due to this pandemic, notice given by the government for resuming the international flight, notice published by the Ministry of the tourism for trekking during the pandemic.
It always better to avoid the crowded route to enjoy the peaceful trek journey and in other to be safe from the coronavirus. As we know Everest Base Camp trekking route is one of the most crowded trekking routes in Nepal, early many people visit Nepal to trek the Everest region.
But following the below safety rules you can enjoy this trek anytime:
- Maintain a social distance of 1 meter with every people while trekking.
- Avoid sharing your common goods like towels, toiletries, clothes with your friends.
- Carry masks, gloves, and sanitizer with your own and remember to dispose of them properly.
- Avoid sharing your meals, spoon, utensils with your dear one.
- Avoid shaking and hugging as greeting better to adopt saying Namaste to all while trekking at this time.
As spring and autumn season is the picking season to trek the Everest Base Camp trek due to its pleasant and warm weather. Many people make their trips in these periods and have the crowded trekking route. So to avoid crowded routes you can book your trip in early spring and autumn or also you can trek in monsoon and winter season considering some up and down at this time.
Trekking in Spring and Autumn season
- Have pleasant and warm weather.
- Clear views of nature
- Less chance of nature disturbance
- Lack of expected acclimatization facilities.
- Crowded route
- Difficult to maintain social distancing so high chances of having risks.
Trekking in Spring and Winter season
- Peaceful and less crowded route- less chance of infecting.
- Clear views of nature after the heavy rainfall.
- Pleasant and thrilling adventure weather.
- Good acclimatization facilities.
- Chances of having some nature disturbance.
- Acclimatization and food during the Everest Base Camp Trek.
Accommodation and Food during the Everest Base Camp in COVID-19 Pandemic
Expected food and Comfortable sleep always make you happy throughout the day so it also plays a vital rote to make your trip more beautiful and enjoyable. On the way to Everest Base Camp, you will stay overnight in the teahouse, here you will provide many options. If you are ready to pay a little high then you will get high-quality accommodation facilities here.
Always carry a good sleeping bags because a blanket is not always warm enough as the high you hike, the temperature starts dropping. Mainly in the night the temperature is very thrilling and cooling even your water bottle of your room will freeze staying overnight. So keep yourself warm and safe while trekking here.
You will get the three-time meals including breakfast, lunch, and dinner provided by your agencies. The food provided during the Everest Base Camp trek is excellent which contains all the nutrients with lots of proteins and vitamins. Being in the high altitude and difficult for transportation, meats, and fish here is not fresh so avoid consuming meat during the trek. Avoid oily and more fat-containing food, its better to eat local foods of the very healthy region. You can also get to see the option of having chow-min, potatoes, sandwich, momo in the menu in some of the places.
Besides this, good health always makes your mind positive and day beautiful so it is not a very important aspect while trekking in Nepal. Trekking to the Everest Base Camp means you are trekking to the highest point of the world. so here you will have the high chances of facing up and down, some health problems so you should ways be optimistic and walk accordingly.
Be prepared to face some of the problems that we have listed below while trekking Everest Base Camp during this pandemic:
Altitude sickness refers to the acute mountain sickness that sticks when you are walk or climbing to a high altitude too quickly. During the Everest Base Camp Trek, there are high chances of altitude sickness sticking. So it's better not to skip the acclimatization day during the hiking. These days are not only for resting but also to adopt the low-pressure atmosphere and altitude to stay safe and healthy so utilize these days properly.
Major symptoms are:
- Difficult in breathing
- Loss of apatite
- Difficult in sleeping
Prevention regarding altitude sickness:
- Stay calm and properly utilize the acclimatization and rest day do not rush to reach the final destination.
- Drink at least 4-5 litres of water to stay hydrated.
- If you feel uneasy or discover any above-given symptoms then do not hesitate to share with your give, it is better to give immediate treatment.
- Walk high but back down to sleep to adopt the pressure of the atmosphere.
- Avoid consuming alcohol, smoking, and eating meats during the walk.
- Always carry some chocolate bar to give you extra energy while hiking in the altitude.
- Consume more nutrients containing foods like Local dishes including (Dal Bhat)- give you long-lasting energy.
Stomach bugs are also known as Stomach Flu which is caused by the ingesting contaminated water and foods. Trekking in the Everest Region- a remote area. You will have to use tap water which is not filtered so it is likely to cause the stomach flu while trekking.
Symptoms of stomach flu:
- Low-grade fever
Preventive measure is:
- Have your bottle and Carry water filtering tablets with you.
- Ask for the boiled water while you are in the teahouse.
- Serious stomach flu can lead you to danger so it's better to share your problems with a guide.
Trekking to the Everest Base Camp means you are trekking in the extremely cold climate where the temperature drops below the freezing during the night. It’s the thrilling experience you will have during the walk. So carrying the right gears and sleeping bags can help your trekking experience warm. Consume hot water, hot ginger, and hot meals to stay safe in this region.
Besides these, you cannot ignore that you are trekking Everest Base Camp trek after this pandemic (Coronavirus). So know some symptoms and preventives measure of this virus.
- High fever
- Sore Throat
- Dry Cough
- maintain social distancing while walking.
- Use a mask, gloves, and face shield while walking.
- Carry your sanitizer which contains more than 60% of alcohol.
- Take a rest if you start discovering some light symptoms then rushing to trek
- Share all the problems you faced with your guide.
So be prepared to face every problem during the walk. Stay positive and Optimistic.
Things to pack during the Everest Base Camp Trek during COVID-19 Pandemic
Carrying the right amount of gears also help to make your trip more beautiful and very amazing. Sometimes carrying too many or too less can put you in difficulty while trekking. Always remember that the short trek required the less but the right gear like Ghorepani Poon Hill Trek but trekking the quite long trekking route like Everest Base Camp Trek, Annapurna Base Camp Trek, Annapurna Circuit trek, Everest Gokyo lake trek required a large amount of gear so you should balance this for the beautiful trek.
Here we have listed some important things you should not miss during Everest Base Camp Trek:
- Lightweight thermal tops
- Flees jackets
- Down Vest/ jackets
- Water and windproof jackets
- Lightweight warm gloves
- Heavyweight warm gloves
- Light cotton pants
- Light warm thermal bottoms
- Warm pants
- Wind and water prods pants
- Hiking sorts
- Thin inner socks
- Thick hiking socks
- Hiking boots
- Camp shoes and sandals
- Duffle bags
- Warm sleeping bags
- First Aid Kit
- Day pack
- Water bottle or camel bags
- Trekking maps
- Solar torch
- Power banks
- Water purifying tablets/iodine
- Multipurpose soap
- Portable altitude chamber and oxygen.
- Medium size towel
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Nail cutter
- Face and body moisture
- Hygiene product
Other personal hygiene accessories
- Wet wipes
- Tissue roll/toilet paper
- Anti-bacteria hand wash
Following the safety rules during the walk, it's no big deal to trek Everest Base Camp Trek during this pandemic, just you should have the optimistic though and walk with a positive vibe. Nepal Hiking Trek will help you to prepare all the documents for the trek.
So Stay Healthy Stay Safe!